For whatever reason, Vogue 9059 was one of them.
In walking through Hancock's, I found this pretty melon colored mystery polyester for 80% off the sticker price. It was $.99 a yard! So I got three yards and picked up the new Vogue patterns and off I went.
I had a few free hours to myself last night (my mom took the boys to dinner) so I started in on this blouse. I managed to get it cut out and start in on the front before I realized this was going to be a wadder. Instead of stopping midway, I really wanted to see what it would look like with these sleeves, so I put the rest of it together, albeit in an abbreviated way.
|Yikes, look how hideous the fabric hangs!|
The sleeves are interesting, but they're gigantic. You could remove six or eight inches of volume and still have an interesting sleeve.
Right off the bat, I messed up the hidden placket. I've sewn them in before and had no problems but for some reason this fabric gave me fits and when I was done I realized I was missing the buttonhole shield. That's when I decided to make this as a muslin so to see if it was even worth it.
It was doomed. Last night I still was optimistic and thought maybe I would make it again in a better fabric with less sleeve volume but in the light of day this top is so bad I'm not sure I have the guts to try again.